Sometimes I like to surprise the Mr. with placing little cute things in our house he might smile about. This time it is too cute not to share!
I placed an egg with a hat in the fridge and the next time he opened it he smiled biiiiiiig time 🙂 haha!
And here’s how I did it:
You will need:
DOUBLE POINTED NEEDLES
1. Choose two colors of yarn that work together well. I chose green and orange. Always a great choice!
2. On one of the dp needles, cast on 21 stitches. Then evenly devide them on two other needles – you will now have a little „triangle“ – if you are not sure how, here’s a tutorial!
3. Knit 2, Purl 2, Knit 2, Purl 2… until you reach the end of the round. Repeat until you think the brim is „big“ enough.
4. Knit until you are ready for your first color change. Change your color:
5. Now you keep on knitting and changing colours until you think your hat is big enough so you can start decreasing. Here’s how my hat got its shape:
Knit 2, decrease, Knit 2, decrease, Knit 2, decrease…. until you have 4 chains left on your needles.
Don’t know what a „decrease“stitch is?
Now close up the hat. (Don’t know how?! Learn here:
For the pompom I used a very simple technique. I wrapped the yarn around my forefinger and middle finger a few times. Then I wrapped a strap of yarn around the centre and tie a knot (really tight). Now cut through the yarn and cut off the loose ends. Look, a pompom!
(Somehow I feel like noone understands me without any good pictures of the process. I hope you do get the idea of how I made this anyways!)
The Mr. draw a face on the egg.
Isn’t that cute?
If you have any questions – feel free to ask me!