After years of not knowing whether I should get myself an amazon Kindle, the Mr. finally got me one as a christmas gift. I liked it right from the start. But I have spoken to a few friends who were really not sure (like I was) if they should get one. So here’s my Pro / Con List to help you decide:
– it is a lightweight
– it is the size of a normal book, but thin
– you can sit on your bed and purchase a new book and it will be available on your kindle within seconds (I am really enjoying this part because it happens quite often that I want to read another book desperately and couldn’t wait for the next day to buy it in a bookstore or – even worse – couldn’t wait for amazon to deliver it)
– there are millions of great cases to make your kindle a stylish one
– it saves a lot of space on your bookshelves
– the battery lasts like forever
– it is easy to read on. I thought it would be weird (like reading on your pc monitor) but it is not weird at all. Such great stuff!
– kindle books are much cheaper than paper books.
– let’s be honest: it is not a real book. You don’t get that „new book“ smell. You cannot put the book on your shelf after you read it. It is NOT a real book, yeah.
– since it is so easy to buy books for my Kindle I really do buy a lot more books. That’s a Con because I spend more money than I actually would have spent if I had to buy my books in a bookstore. But I seriously don’t mind.
There’s no other Con for me. If you have anything to add, please let me know!